We want you to enjoy your time on the FreeTrials site. In order to create a safe and transparent platform we have published this policy.
This policy applies to visitors of the FreeTrials.co.uk website, affiliate partners and persons or companies that we contract with.
Who we are
FreeTrials.co.uk website is owned and operated by Swale Media Limited (Company number 10176282).
What personal information we collect
When you subscribe to the free trial newsletter you must provide your email address.
If you contact us through the contact page or email us you may provide us with your name and email address.
If you are an affiliate partner, media buyer or supplier we may collect your name, address, phone number and email address.
When you visit the site we may automatically collect information about how you reached and browsed the freetrials.co.uk website. This may include your IP address, browser type and the type of device you are using.
How we use your personal information
If you subscribe to our newsletter we will use your email address to send you emails about new and limited-time free trials. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter email or by contacting us.
If you contact us through our contact page or email us we will use your name and address to respond to you.
If you are an affiliate partner, media buyer or supplier we may use your information to carry out the contract, contact you with queries about the contract, to deliver invoices and to chase unpaid invoices.
We may use information about your browsing behaviour to generate aggregated and anonymised data for insight and analysis (eg the most visited pages) to help us improve our site. We may also collect IP addresses to maintain the security of the website.
Why we process your personal information
We will collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. The legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary, we will only collect and use your personal information if you provide consent. For example, if you sign up for our newsletter.
- Legitimate Interests – We may collect and use your personal information where we have legitimate business reasons for doing so. This will include collecting browsing behaviour (including IP address) for enabling you to access and use the website, improve the site and maintain the security of the site.
- Contract – If you contract with us as an affiliate partner, media buyer or supplier, we may collect and process your personal information in order to fulfil our contractual obligations, including providing you with a quote if requested.
- Legal Obligation – We may process personal information for the statutory period to comply with legal obligations such as those of HMRC regarding accounts and invoices.
Unless a longer retention period is required by law, we will store your personal information for as long required to fulfil the purposes of collection and process unless you ask us to delete it.
Who we transfer personal data to
When you contact us through our contact page or email us we will not share that information without first contacting you to get your consent.
We may share personal information:
- If required or permitted to do so by law.
- If required to do so by any court, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings.
Keeping your personal information secure
We may use Google Cloud to store personal information – you can view their security, privacy and GDPR policies here.
Your information rights
You have rights in regards to information held about you including:
- Right to rectification – having incorrect personal information to be rectified.
- Right to erasure – asking for your personal information to be deleted.
- Right to restrict processing – limit the way your data is used.
- Right to object – Asking that your data is no longer processed.
- Right to data portability – receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to request that this data be transmitted to another data controller.
- Right of access – requesting a copy of the information we hold on you.
The rights you have may be subject to the legal basis used to collect and use your personal data. To exercise any of your information rights please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with how your request is dealt with by us or how your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to a data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
When you click a link to a third party site a cookie may be set to personalise your visit (such as landing on a special page to get a free trial offer) and to track if you completed a specific action such as signing up for a free trial.
From time-to-time, we may embed content such as a YouTube video or Twitter. These sites may set their own cookies.
You can delete and disable cookies – find out more here.
We often display third-party deals. These can change quickly. We want to present to you accurate and up-to-date information. However, we shall not be held responsible for any losses or damage that may arise from you using the information.
We link to other sites for easy access to the free trials. We cannot control and are not responsible for the content on these third-party websites.
Text on this site is copyright FreeTrials.co.uk
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All other products and logos are trademarks of their respective holders.
Policy last updated 6 January 2019